These rules will apply to all swimming events at the MBAT. Some events were adapted so as to increase competitiveness between the participants and to allow better enjoyment of the swimming contest. The most important rules of the competition are that all participants and spectators must act with utmost respect for others, be cooperative... and have fun!
● PARTICIPATION IN EVENTS: An authorized participant may compete in a maximum of four swimming individual events. Each MBA program is allowed to have a maximum of two participants in each individual event and a maximum of one team in each medley event.
● No false start is allowed. The swimmer will be automatically disqualified.
● Each team is required to name a captain that will be responsible for communication with the organization committee. Results will be taken by referees on paper sheets that will be sealed in envelopes and checked for point counting after the competition in the presence of
● The above races will happen in the order issued prior to the MBAT swimming event, and
not the order provided in this document.
● Races will be held simultaneously in 2 pools at the designated location and swimmers
would be designated points according to the following table. The School with maximum number of points would be declared as winner.
● Points will be awarded for 1s t to 5t h place finishes in individual and relays. Finishes are based on the time taken to complete the event.
● The top 3 teams will get 20 points, 15 points and 10 points respectively. It is only this final set of points, which will be considered towards determining the winning team of MBAT.
● In case of tie in swimming after all mini-tournaments have been completed, we will see which team a higher number of had 1st place finishes in each of the races to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, we will see which team has had a higher number of second place finishes and so on.
1.Men’s Freestyle 50m 2.Women’s
Freestyle 50m 3.Men’s Freestyle 100m 4.Women’s Freestyle 100m 5.Men’s Butterfly 50m 6.Women’s Butterfly 50m 7.Men’s Breaststroke 50m 8.Women’s Breaststroke 50m 9.Men’s Backstroke 50m 10.Women’s Backstroke 50m
11.Men’s 200m Individual Medley* 12.Women’s 200m Individual Medley* 13.Men’s 4X50m Freestyle 14.Women’s 4X50m Freestyle
* The sequence of individual medley is butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle